Nemesisoa
view post Posted on 21/10/2012, 23:18

excues me im a new member im
just wondering weres an 3D model of kain

i just rigesterd yesterday i think.

Naeryan
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 15:14

Welcome to this forum, Nemesisoa!
We're just making a fan-game here, a non-commercial sequel to the Legacy of Kain series. We're going to distribute this game in chapters and here on this forum, we organize our work. We're not distibuting any material. If you desire a 3D model of Kain for non-commercial use, just for fun, then I suggest you to rip it from SR2 original disk with an application called ModelEx, available at www.thelostworlds.net/Software/ModelEx.html
There's no available program to rip those models from Defiance... the only way is "capturing" a screen during the gameplay, with an application called 3DRipper, but I've never used it, so I cannot suggest you proprerly. If you're interested, google out some info on it.
I hope I've been of help to you! ^^

If, instead, you're willing to give us a hand on this project, we'll be very glad to accept: in fact, we're in desperate need of some collaborators, since we're too few. We currently seek programmers, modelers, animators, mappers: it is required some 3d computer graphic experience, with programs like 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or any other. It's welcome any who has experience with Unity game engine, since it would make the life of our current programmer a lot easier!

salvohack
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 15:30

if you agree, i unlock the forum for you (sorry for my english) :)

Orlan83
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 20:03

Welcome to us. I agree Naery. :D
Do yu wanna help us? the best help we can have at this moment is a scripter expert of javascript that can help salvo with game scripts.
:)
For 3D KAIN Model: or yu use modelex 4 and extract by soul reaver 2, or yu use 3dreaperdx olaying defiance by application and capturing a screen of kain with program, so yu can picik up all textures and geometrys 3D of the scene looking by the camera.
the model is exporting in 3dr format. yu need 3d studio max and the max script import of 3dr for import in 3d studio max and, by max, to another application

Nemesisoa
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 21:44

I dont really wanna ues ModelEx it well ues
to much ram.

im just wondering if there an model anywere?

Orlan83
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 21:50

To much ram? excuse my curiosity, but how many centuries has your pc? :unsure:
However, there isn't is the answer.

Naeryan
view post Posted on 23/10/2012, 08:18

Well, if you load just characters, it's quite fast, but if you load locations, then I agree with you: ModelEx takes its time. But it's obvious: locations like the Pillars, swamp or overland are made of countless different objects and dozens of different textures. It's quite a lot to load! But mainly it's fast for characters and it seems that you're interested just in them, right?

Orlan83
view post Posted on 23/10/2012, 14:38

ah, erh, sorry, i understand wrong. :( Thanks for ecplanation naery :)

I never usex modelex because on my pc it crashes.

Nemesisoa
view post Posted on 23/10/2012, 21:02

if thats the case noone uese soul reaver models to make a game i guess :(

Orlan83
view post Posted on 24/10/2012, 11:42

what are yu saying? we still using models for making a game! If yu are making a game of lok. is a 2d or 3d game? which program or 3d editor o engine yu wanna use?
the soul reaver 1 models are bad too use. too low polugones. graphic too old. is better to rebuild the soul reaer map and models in a new graphics. i have a turelim and a rahabim model for a mod of jedi kgnitht jedi academy, and also, a modell for every clan of vampires of soul reaver 1 era, but i use NEW graphics models and not the model of sr1.
is possible use models of sr2, defiance and bo2.
Bo1 has not model 3d so is not useful. is better to do the models of monster of bo1 by zero.
For resolve this problem, when we needd i export same models by the free mmorpg of pw for the non humanoid creatures.

view post Posted on 8/11/2020, 17:55

Group:

c'e' ancora qualcuno sul forum?

10 replies since 21/10/2012, 23:18   667 views